Friday, August 16, 2013

what's in my travel makeup bag & my vacation essentials.


Howdy everyone! I absolutely love taking a peak inside people's travel makeup bags and since I'm going away to the shore for a few days I figured I would show ya'll what I'm bringing along with me in my travel makeup bag! I'll also be sharing my "Shore/Vacation Essentials" as well not only to share my advice but to also sneakily help me remember what I need to pack for tomorrow mwahaha! I hope this helps! On with the post...

What's In My Travel Makeup Bag...



1. Urban Decay Naked & Naked 2 Palettes: It's a little unnecessary to bring both but I use the shades "Buck" and "Naked" to fill in my eyebrows and darken my crease while I use a ton of shades in Naked 2 to create my everyday look so I could not simply bring just one!

2. Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer: This product will be perfect on days when I hit the beach or will be sweating a whole bunch! It evens out my complexion and adds a healthy glow without the heavy and greasy feeling of foundation.

3. Clarins Truly Matte Foundation: For nights when I feel like I need more coverage, this foundation will be perfect. I always get so many compliments when I wear this foundation because it really makes your skin look flawless. Although it's mattifying (which is perfect for humid & hot weather), it still allows some of my natural oils to come through so I look healthy and humanly. I adore this stuff!

4. ELF Setting Mist: I've recently discovered this stuff and I can honestly say that I'm a fan. It certainly makes my makeup last a bit longer and it also just feels so darn refreshing when I spray it on! This will be perfect for the hot weather.
5. MAC Studio Fix Powder: I use this product everyday to set my concealer and control oil in my t-zone! There's no way I could leave home without it! 

6. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle: This is the perfect highlighting powder that adds such a pretty glow! I use this almost everyday and sometimes pack it on my eyelids for a shimmery sheen. It's a must have in my makeup bag.

7. Benefit Hoola Bronzer (sample size): I was obsessed with this bronzer when I first used it and figured I would bring it along with me for my trip because it's so tiny and easy to travel with! It's the perfect matte brown - and of course I need a bronzer!

8. Benefit Coralista Blush (sample size): Again, bringing this little guy because it's such a convenient size! I really like the shimmery peachy color as well!

9. NYX Blush in Silky Rose: Decided to bring this blush as well for a little variety! I've been using it everyday because it's the perfect rosy pink color.

10. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded: Another everyday product for me. I use this under my eyeshadow and it works perfectly. Such a great neutral shade!
11. Covergirl Lashblast Mascara: Super volumizing and lengthening! Not much else to say.

12. ELF Brow & Lash Gel: I use this everyday to set my brows! I can't live without it.

13. Jordan Brow Pencil in Darkbrown: I use this pencil to shape and intensify my brows. It's so great and affordable!

14. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: The best drugstore concealer, hands down. I use it under my eyes to conceal discoloration and it works like a charm. Such a staple in my everyday look!

15. I probably don't NEED four lipsticks but I can't help myself. I'm bringing Rimmel's Nude Delight (a peachy nude), MAC's Candy Yum Yum (a neon hot pink), MAC's Ruby Woo (a matte true red), and Rimmel by Kate Moss's 107 (a vampy deep red). I'll honestly probably end up throwing a few more lip products into my bag before I leave. True Life: I'm addicted to lipstick.

Vacation Essentials

1. Sun Screen: This is pretty gosh darn obvious but sunscreen is so important, I couldn't not add it to my list! I completely regret all the times when I was younger and carelessly spent hours in the sun without protection (WHAT WAS I THINKING!?) and ended up looking like a lobster in so much pain. It's not worth the risk! Pack AND utilize tons of sun screen! 

2. Snazzy Sunglasses: Sunglasses are incredibly essential on beach trips! Not only do they protect your precious lil eyeballs but they also can look super cute! I adore Target's sunglasses.

3. Texturizing Hairspray/Mousse: I don't know about you guys but I rarely use heat on my hair as is therefore on vacation I definitely do not want to be bothering with my hair so texturizing products are perfect! Just apply some after you get out of the shower, beach, or pool and your hair will look like a beautiful mermaid's!

4. Lip Balm with SPF: Again, sun protection is so crucial! Applying lip balm with SPF will prevent sunburn and gross chapped lips!

5. Camera: Don't forget your camera! Taking pictures and capturing memories is one of the best part about going away to new places.

6. Face Wash, Exfoliator, Moisturizer: Obviously you cannot forget your good old reliable face products! Ending and starting your day by taking care of your skin will ensure beautiful glowing skin throughout your trip. You can also buy mini bottles to take which are so cute and tiny!

7. Medication: Of course remember any meds you take along with things like aspirin! Having those on hand will  prevent much headache (no pun intended)! 

8. Small Purse/Wristlet: Especially when exploring new terrain or walking around town the last thing you want to be lugging around is a big old handbag so bring along a small purse or wristlet to carry your essentials in. 

9. iPod/iPhone & Headphones: Listening to tunes while relaxing on the beach is so much fun so obviously don't forget your iphone/mp3 and DO NOT forget your headphones or charger!!!

10. Reusable Water Bottle: Staying hydrated in warm weather is so important! A refillable water bottle can be so handy!

11. Books & Magazines: Books and magazines are great to flip through when you're hanging on the beach or about to fall asleep! They're always perfect to have on hand. 

12. Makeup Removing Wipes: After a long day of sweating in the heat it's so nice to have refreshing makeup removing wipes to swipe away your makeup! I can't live without my Simple Cleansing Wipes.

I hope this gave you guys some inspiration & ideas! I hope you have/had a great vacation and summer thus far! xo


3 comments: