Monday, June 3, 2013

The post that started it all...

     This is sort of a monumental moment, in my opinion. My very first blog post. Well anywho, I thought I'd start all of this blogging-fun off by introducing myself and defining what point I'm at in my life (It'll be fun to look back on in a few months). 
     Sooo hello, my name is Jaimie. I'm currently nineteen years old and I've just finished my freshman year of college...it was certainly not what I expected. Being that although I'm awkward, I'm a very friendly and typically semi-outgoing person I figured I'd be able to make a group of friends to go out with and make great memories with but in reality I spent much of my first two semesters as a very lonely person. Don't get me wrong, I had seven of the best suite mates I could ask for, in fact three or four of them became some of the best friends that I have, but besides them I didn't really create any other relationships. I'd often go home on weekends because I felt sort of depressed just sitting in my dorm doing nothing while other people were out with friends. I don't know what I did wrong this year but I just grew to be socially awkward and extremely self-conscious. I'm feeling better in the moment as is, so now I'm just going to hope next year goes better and hopefully I gain social skills again. FINGERS CROSSED.
     Okay onto the next bit about my life in the moment! I'm currently home for the next three months on summer vacation and I'm desperately looking for a job. I've applied to well over thirty places and have barely gotten any sort of response back. I'm really praying something comes along because I'm not looking forward to staying home day after day doing absolutely nothing. I could also use the cash to help pay for school and feed into my beauty addiction. A job would also be nice to just interact with humans and maybe possibly potentially make some new friends. That would be cool, right?
     I'm also on a journey to a "healthier lifestyle". I've been a vegetarian for three years but have just recently within the past month or so switched to veganism. It is hands down the best decision I've ever made. I eat mainly raw, lots of fruit, veggies, smoothies, salads, and TONS of hummus. I might make recipe posts in the future! I'm so happy I switched to veganism; the animals in the dairy industry are treated so horrifically and I can't live with a clear conscious knowing that I'd be supporting that by eating dairy. I've also just physically felt a lot better and hopefully I'll end up losing a few pounds over time. 
     The last "sector?" of my life right now is the idea that I really want to make a Youtube channel eventually, hopefully by the end of the summer. I absolutely love beauty products and makeup and all of that good stuff and I also love helping people so I feel like Youtube would be the perfect hobby for me. If I wasn't so self-concious I would upload a video today but unfortunately I'm not. Hopefully as I work on my mindset and positivity I'll work up enough courage to make a channel. 
     So yes, this was my first blog post. I know it wasn't anything thrilling or exhilarating, but hopefully I'll be able to fill these posts with some more exciting and happy memories overtime. Peace out girl scouts!





6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging community! Lovely first post, definitely looking for the hummus one, I love that stuff :') x Olwyn

    http://olwynsworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you very much! I'm still trying to figure this whole blogging-thing out! Have a wonderful day! :P

      Delete
  2. hey babe:) I followed you, do you mind checking out my blog? I really love your layout! can't wait to hear more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Thank you very much! I'd love to check out your blog & follow! Aww thank you so much, same to you! :D xx

      Delete
  3. thank you for following my blog, i'm also new to this blogging thing! i've followed you & look forward to reading some more of your posts :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're very welcome & thank you so much! it's greatly appreciated!
      yay, same to you! your first post is great, so i'm sure the rest will be even better! :)
      have a wonderful day! xx

      Delete