Saturday, June 8, 2013

I have a bit of a red lip obsession.


I absolutely adore red lips. I could wear red lipstick every darn day and never ever get sick of it. I love the classic, pinup look and the color makes me incredibly happy! Anywho, above are some of my favorite red lip products and I figured I would give a little review of each of them.

1. Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 09: I picked up this lipstick a few days ago and I absolutely love it. It's a beautiful darker pink-red and applies very smooth and effortlessly. It claims to be a matte finish but it's not nearly as matte as Ruby Woo by MAC. It has a very pretty sheen. These lipsticks are around $5.00 depending on the store! You can purchase this lipstick here!

2. CoverGirl Lipstick in 305 Hot Passion: I read in Seventeen Magazine (because I'm actually twelve years old) a few months ago that Taylor Swift's favorite lipsticks from the Covergirl line are the shades Hot Passion & Flame and decided to give Hot Passion a shot! I really like it! It's very easy to apply and gives you a very pigmented look - it totally blocks out your lips' natural color. It's a nice classic red color and a great lipstick staple. This lipstick is typically around $8.00 and you can purchase it here!

3. Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 107: I was watching Zoe Sugg's drugstore favorites on Youtube and heard her mentioning these Rimmel lipsticks, specifically shade 107 and decided to pick it up (because I might be a little obsessed with Zoe). As I mentioned in the first review, I love these lipsticks. This color is a darker red and a nice edgier addition to my red lipstick collection. This gives you a little bit of shine and definitely has a build-able coverage. AND THESE SMELL LIKE WATER MELON ADDFASDFASDFADSFa. Again, these are around $5.00 and you can buy this one here!

4. MAC Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo: This is definitely my go-to red. Ruby Woo is a classic blue-toned red and would look great on almost any complexion. I'm so happy I decided to splurge a little bit on this product because I'm definitely getting my money's worth. It applies SUPER matte and you have to struggle a little bit to apply it but it's totally worth it considering matte = super long staying power. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a matte classic red. Russian Red is also a great option if you aren't looking for SUCH a matte finish. You can buy this bad boy here for $15.00!

5. Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me: This is a great lip balm for red lip lovers like myself! Baby Lips give the most smooth and moisturizing application with a nice subtle hint of color. It gives off a bright-pinkish red color and it's slightly buildable. And it smells delish, just sayin'! These usually cost around $3.00, which is super affordable! Buy it here!

6. Maybelline Color Whisper in Who Wore It Redder?: This product is in between a lip balm and a lipstick; kind of similar to a lip butter. It's definitely more pigmented and colorful than a lip balm but it still gives a smooth and moisturizing application. It still shows through your natural lip color a bit but it is also pretty buildable. I really like this on super casual days where I don't feel like fully committing to a red lip! I want to try more shades in this line, I really enjoy the formula. Buy this here for around $8.00!

Please let me know of your must-have red lip products and I'll certainly check 'em out! I'm just too obsessed :x

2 comments: