Hello you beautiful creatures! I’ve been trying to come up with a solid and semi easy (for lazy people like myself) skincare routine for a while now and I think I’ve finally achieved it! So without further ado here’s a bit about all of my little skincare friends…
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Hello there err'body! I found out about this incredible online store called Shopcade and wanted to share it with y'all! Shopcade features items from Asos, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, Sephora, and much more. Could it get any better!? Anywho, below are some of my favorite drool-worthy summer pieces I found while browsing through Shopcade! Check out this magical store here!
Okay, first is this GORGEOUS bikini from the Urban Outfitters section. I seriously fell in love with it the moment I laid eyes on it! I absolutely love the retro, high-waisted style of this bikini and the colors are right up my alley. I love the coral base and the pops of periwinkle and bright green. Looove.
Buy this piece here.
Buy this piece here.
Next are these retro-esque (can you tell I love retro?) sunglasses also from Urban Outfitters. I love the unique color and style of these and they're only ten bucks! I think these would look super cute with the bikini above! A sassy way to protect your eyes!
The next piece is from the Asos section. This is a funky printed maxi skirt; I adore maxi skirts and dresses during the summer because they're so comfortable and easy but also make you look well-dressed and put together. The print on this skirt is so bold and unique and would look adorable with simple solid colored top and some cute sandals and sunglasses. SO perfect for summer.
Lastly, also from Asos, is this adorable bright orange satchel bag. The color is so bright and eye-catching and just screams spring and summer to me. It's the perfect pop of color for any casual summer outfit and has such a unique style to it. It's also pretty darn affordable for such a nice bag!
How does winning 200 dollars toward Asos and Shopcade sound?
Amazing, right!? Well, if you're interested please click here and follow the super easy directions to enter yourself! This is such an awesome opportunity to snag some super adorable summer pieces, so why not give it a shot!
Love ya'll! xo
Sunday, June 23, 2013
My cousin (best friend) and I went to visit our lovely aunt out of town this weekend and of course we both accumulated a couple of things. The first trip we made was to Walmart where I finally picked up one of the
Lastly, because my aunt is absolutely out of her mind generously gave us each a perfume. The one I got was the Clinique summer spray! It smells super fresh, florally, and *SURPRISE* summery! The bottle is adorable as well. Such a cute addition to my perfume collection.
Talk to you guys soon!
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Saturday, June 15, 2013
In a post I made a few days ago on my tumblr, I said that Wet N Wild Megalast Lipstick in “Dollhouse Pink” is a dupe for MAC’s "Saint Germain", but I think it’s a phenomenal dupe for “Candy Yum Yum” as well! If you aren’t somebody who would often wear a hot pink lip or wouldn’t want to spend $15 on a lipstick, “Dollhouse Pink” is perfect for you! Both “Candy Yum Yum” and “Dollhouse Pink” give a super glowing fluorescent look on the lips, which makes them look super similar. They’re both incredibly eye catching. “Dollhouse Pink” has a bit of a more purple/orchid undertone but on the lips, they give just about the same look. Both shades are matte although the Wet N Wild one applies a tiny bit more easily. They both have the same lasting power, in my opinion as well. THUS, I think if you’re torn between them, get “Dollhouse Pink”, it’s super similar to “Candy Yum Yum” and you could buy five of the Wet N Wild lipsticks for the price of one MAC one…ridiculous! They’re both such a beautiful and bright shade for summer.
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The Liebster award is a way to give great blogs attention, if they are in the shadows. The award encourages others to read these blogs. This award has some rules, here they are:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
- You must pick 11 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers
- You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees
Okay, onto Sierra's questions...
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go and why? ENGLAND. I've always been so intrigued by it! It seems so cute and cozy and I'm honestly infatuated by the accents!
- What makeup item would you splurge on, even if you found a similar product from the drugstore? In general? Probably foundation, simply because typically higher-end products tend to be made with better quality ingredients, therefore I'd feel more "comfortable?" applying it to my sensitive skin.
- Can you speak any foreign languages? A tiny little bit of Italian. Basically whatever I can remember from school!
- What is your favorite clothing brand? Within my budget, I really love H&M and American Apparel!
- If I gave you $1000 or £1000, what would you buy? If all of my education & living expenses were covered and set aside, I would honestly probably buy a bunch of clothes! It would be a blast, let's be honest!
- Explain your style in one word? Bi-polar.
- Who are some of your favorite music artists? La Dispute, Being As An Ocean, Lana Del Rey, The Wonder Years.
- Do you have a secret talent? Hmm I'm pretty good at impersonating singers, I suppose :P
- Favorite drug store makeup product? Mascaras in general! Drugstore mascaras almost always work magically!
- If you had to choose between dugaree's or a dress, which would you pick? Dungarees as in a pair of jeans? If so, them! If not, a dress!
- What is your current mood? (: Pretty darn tired but also content!
- Marlee from http://lovemissbeautyblog.blogspot.com
- Sloane & Claire from http://www.the-lipglossary.com/
- Bryany from http://bryanyellen.blogspot.com
- Harriet from http://byooteeblog.blogspot.com
- Shelby from http://obsessionofmakeup.blogspot.com
- Danielle from http://daniellelucyy.blogspot.com
- Anne from http://riotcurl.blogspot.com
- Amanda from http://theeverythingbeautynetwork.blogspot.com
- Nora from http://twofourtyfivesleepwalking.blogspot.com
- Alisha from http://alishalu.blogspot.co.uk
- Melissa from http://melissacoull-herewini.blogspot.com/\
- What is one band/artist that is your guilty pleasure?
- Three makeup items that are on your wish list right now?
- Can you play any instruments?
- What is your absolute favorite lipstick?
- What is one item in your closet that you wear the most?
- Do you have/want any tattoos?
- Who is your all time favorite Youtuber?
- What movie/book character can you compare yourself to the most?
- Who is your style and/or beauty icon?
- The best and worst part about running a blog?
- Have you ever been personally victimized by Regina George?
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Monday, June 10, 2013
Today I am here to bring you my beloved makeup collection. Although it isn't anything show-stopping or unbelievable, I'm proud of my little collection thus far. I'm currently in the process of re-doing my room and my next "project" is buying a vanity and revamping my makeup storage! So any-who, below is a little description of each section! Enjoy!
Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Neither, I suppose! My hair is naturally very wavy.
What is your natural hair color?
In between medium and dark brown.
Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
Typically I dye my hair at home but for ombre I got it done at a salon because I was too scared to do it myself. Ha.
How often do you wash your hair?
I know it's HORRIBLE for you hair, but I wash it everyday. I just can't get into the shower without washing my hair!
Do you wear the same style everyday or change it?
Clothing? I definitely change my style everyday! Some days it's super girly with floral dresses and maxi skirts and some days it's edgier with my Doc Martens and band tees!
Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I usually do my own manicures at home and pedicures at a salon (simply because I don't need to get it done as frequently).
How often do you change your nail polish?
Pretty frequently! At least once a week, unless I really love a color.
Do you polish your toes in the winter too or just in the summer?
I do polish my toes in the winter but I take more care of them in the summer! I don't want people to have to see my gross feet :P
How long does it take you to put on your makeup?
It completely depends! If I'm not doing an intricate eye look, usually around 15 minutes! But if I put some more effort in, typically around 25 minutes!
What do you do first,face or eyes?
Always face. Even if I KNOW there's going to be fall out, I just can't put my eye makeup on first. IT'S SACRILEGIOUS.
Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
A little bit of both! Things like foundation, I try to use one up before I buy another! But for things like lipstick, blush, eyeshadow, etc, I just buy as I please (if it's within my budget)!
How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Not often, only on special occasions! I wish I did more frequently though.
Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
If I'm doing something during the day, then yes. But if I'm mainly staying home/running errands then nope.
Whats your 'go to' eye makeup look?
Neutral eye look with black winged liner & red lips. Never gets old ;)
Do you wear makeup when you are home alone or with family?
Nope! I like giving my skin a breather.
Will you leave the house without makeup?
Honestly, not really! I'm always wearing a little bit of concealer and mascara at least! I'm too self conscious!
What's the one beauty product you couldn't live without?
BB Cream/ Foundation. My skin is my biggest insecurity and I love the look of an even complexion!
How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Once a week! I'm a horrible person.
Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
When I'm getting dressed in the morning! I can't be bothered with it at night.
How often do you change your handbag?
Not often! I usually buy simple, classic bags that go with everything! Probably every season or so I mix it up!
What time do you get up & go to sleep?
Completely depends on what time I have class/if I have something to do! If I have nothing to do I can stay up till 4/5am and sleep until 12pm. I'm a bum.
How often and when do you work out?
NEVER. I'm so out of shape. I practically have an asthma attack walking up the stairs.
Left handed or right handed?
How tall are you?
5'11". I'M A GIANT.
Do you speak a foreign language?
A little bit of Italian (from what I learned in middle & high school).
How many pets do you have?
One pup and one cat (WHO I'M OBSESSED WITH).
Are you a dog or cat person?
I'm a huge animal lover. I really love both so much, I honestly can't chose!
How often are you on blogger?
Everyday! I'm horrible at making posts but I love reading other people's posts!
Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
All the time! Opinions and feedback are ultimately what can make me purchase/avoid a product!
Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other post?
Yup, especially ones I see a bunch of positive feedback on and are within my budget!
How did you come up with your blog name?
I honestly don't remember! I'm a huge awkward derp who loves beauty soooo BEAUTYDERP.
What type of camera do you use?
My good ol' iphone 4S. I need to invest in a nicer camera eventually.
How often do you clean your house?
Well, my parents house! But once a week I clean the whole house for my mom (during the summer when I'm home from school) and I do little bits of cleaning everyday!
What is your favorite color?
Turquoise/ Lavender/ Green. I'M INDECISIVE.
What is your favorite beauty/fashion magazine?
Anything, really! I love looking at any reading material for some fashion & makeup inspiration!
Do you swear?
Yep. It's a problem.
What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Cleaning my room, cooking my meals, watching Harry Potter (I've been dying to the past few days), clean my makeup brushes, post a review, and my best friend is staying over later on!
I stole this from her! :D
Saturday, June 8, 2013
I absolutely adore red lips. I could wear red lipstick every darn day and never ever get sick of it. I love the classic, pinup look and the color makes me incredibly happy! Anywho, above are some of my favorite red lip products and I figured I would give a little review of each of them.
2. CoverGirl Lipstick in 305 Hot Passion: I read in Seventeen Magazine (because I'm actually twelve years old) a few months ago that Taylor Swift's favorite lipsticks from the Covergirl line are the shades Hot Passion & Flame and decided to give Hot Passion a shot! I really like it! It's very easy to apply and gives you a very pigmented look - it totally blocks out your lips' natural color. It's a nice classic red color and a great lipstick staple. This lipstick is typically around $8.00 and you can purchase it here!
3. Rimmel London Kate Moss Lipstick in 107: I was watching Zoe Sugg's drugstore favorites on Youtube and heard her mentioning these Rimmel lipsticks, specifically shade 107 and decided to pick it up (because I might be a little obsessed with Zoe). As I mentioned in the first review, I love these lipsticks. This color is a darker red and a nice edgier addition to my red lipstick collection. This gives you a little bit of shine and definitely has a build-able coverage. AND THESE SMELL LIKE WATER MELON ADDFASDFASDFADSFa. Again, these are around $5.00 and you can buy this one here!
4. MAC Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo: This is definitely my go-to red. Ruby Woo is a classic blue-toned red and would look great on almost any complexion. I'm so happy I decided to splurge a little bit on this product because I'm definitely getting my money's worth. It applies SUPER matte and you have to struggle a little bit to apply it but it's totally worth it considering matte = super long staying power. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a matte classic red. Russian Red is also a great option if you aren't looking for SUCH a matte finish. You can buy this bad boy here for $15.00!
5. Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me: This is a great lip balm for red lip lovers like myself! Baby Lips give the most smooth and moisturizing application with a nice subtle hint of color. It gives off a bright-pinkish red color and it's slightly buildable. And it smells delish, just sayin'! These usually cost around $3.00, which is super affordable! Buy it here!
6. Maybelline Color Whisper in Who Wore It Redder?: This product is in between a lip balm and a lipstick; kind of similar to a lip butter. It's definitely more pigmented and colorful than a lip balm but it still gives a smooth and moisturizing application. It still shows through your natural lip color a bit but it is also pretty buildable. I really like this on super casual days where I don't feel like fully committing to a red lip! I want to try more shades in this line, I really enjoy the formula. Buy this here for around $8.00!
Please let me know of your must-have red lip products and I'll certainly check 'em out! I'm just too obsessed :x
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
REVIEW: Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Cleansing Facial Wipe
Seeing that I’ve already repurchased these bad boys three or four times now, I feel that they are absolutely worthy of a blog post. Makeup removers are extremely important to me being that I use them everyday and I tend to have pretty sensitive skin. These wipes are a God-sent. I used to be a huge fan of the Neutrogena makeup removers but ever since I’ve found Simple wipes, those have left that special place in my heart. Compared to the Neutrogena ones, these: don’t irritate or leave my skin red in any way, remove makeup (especially mascara) more effortlessly, are around a dollar cheaper than Neutrogena’s (which totally adds up when you go through makeup wipes as quickly as I do), and also have a very faint pleasant smell. I HIGHLY recommend these wipes; I seriously cannot see myself trying out any other brand from now on! I’m very interested in trying out Simple’s other skincare products. Have any of you tried them? Let me know what you thought!
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Helllllo there (to my three very superb followers)! I figured I would make my first beauty related post discussing what makeup products I've been using on an almost daily basis! Soooo, if you want to go from looking like some sort of night crawler to a decent looking human being, please read on!
Okay, so first thing before I apply my makeup I ALWAYS moisturize and exfoliate my face. This will allow a smooth base for my foundation and such to adhere to! After this I apply my Clarin's Truly Matte Foundation - this stuff is magical. I have pretty dry/normal skin but throughout the day I definitely turn into a grease ball but this foundation helps me out a ton. After foundation I apply Maybelline's Fit Me concealer to my under eye circle (which are usually dark and look like I haven't slept in ages), my Amazing Cosmetics Concealer to all of my stubborn blemishes, and then lastly my Benefit's boi-ing concealer to any other redness on my face. Thennnnn MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural in Medium (which is way too dark for my complexion, read here for an explanation) with my Bare Minerals Flawless Face Brush to set it all!
Now onto face "decor"? I sound like a Christmas tree. Anywho, I start by applying MAC's Casual Lip & Cheek Colour in Relaxation with my MAC stippling brush to the apple of my cheeks and upwards, apply my Nars Laguna Bronzer over that with my MAC contour brush and then apply Benefit's Coralista to the apples of my cheeks. THEN MAC's Soft & Gentle as a highlight. I swear I don't look as cakey and clown-like as the amount of product sounds!
THEN, onto eyes! I usually do simple eye makeup such as a light neutral color across the lid with a bit of a darker color well blended in the crease! For example, MAC's Naked Lunch and Satin Taupe. After that I apply my usual winged liner with my L'Oreal Super Slim liquid liner and then layer Maybelline the Rocket mascara and Covergirl Clump Crusher. It's a good time. I also fill my eyebrows in with an Essence of Beauty angled brush and some dark brown shadow.
AND TO FINISH IT ALL OFF. I apply either a red, but more frequently, and orange lip color. I've been digging the Revlon Lip Butter in "Tutti Frutti"!
AND THAT IS THE MAGICAL SECRET BEHIND MY EVERYDAY MAKEUP. I hope y'all enjoyed!